REPUBLICAN PARTY OF SANDOVAL COUNTY
Call is hereby made for the County Central Committee Meeting of the Republican Party of Sandoval County (RPSC) to be held Monday January 25, 2021 at 7:00p.m. by electronic means to:
- Consider any special rules for the Sandoval County Biennial Convention,
- Determine Roll of Delegates to the County convention,
- Consider contests to delegates from the Ward Caucuses to the Biennial County Convention, and
- Consider any other proper business
Call is hereby made for Ward Caucuses of the RPSC to be held Tuesday January 26, 2021 at 7:00p.m. by electronic means to:
- Elect Ward Delegates to the Biennial County Convention,
- Elect new Ward Officers,
- Elect Ward delegates to the State Central Committee
Call is hereby made for the Biennial County Convention of the RPSC to be held Tuesday January 26, 2021 at 7:00p.m. by electronic means to:
- Elect a new County Central Committee,
- Elect new county officers,
- Elect a new county contingent of members of the State Central Committee, and
- Any other proper business
Thomas H Plate
Secretary, Republican Party of Sandoval County
Pre-Registration for this convention is required and registration will close on Friday January 15, 2021. No late registrations will be accepted.
To register, please send an email to RPSCounty@gmail.com with all the following information:
I would like to nominate myself for membership on the County Central Committee: Y/N
I would like to nominate myself as a delegate on the State Central Committee: Y/N
I would like to nominate myself for Ward Chair: Y/N
I would like to nominate myself for the following County Party office (please specify office– Chair, 1st Vice Chair, 2nd Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer): _____________ [please also include a short bio]
[You will receive an email confirming your registration within 24 hours]
Above you will find the official call for the 2021 Sandoval County Biennial Convention including registration information. A bit of explanation may be helpful.
- The Central Committee meeting considers those special rules and elects temporary officers to conduct the Convention; any challenges to potential delegates that could be presented from the Ward Caucuses are also heard. Only current members of the County Central Committee can vote at this meeting. Voting will be done using electionrunner.com.
- The Ward Caucuses and Biennial Convention are conducted to elect the new County Central Committee, County Party Officers, and representatives to the State Central Committee. Any registered Republican in Sandoval County is eligible to attend and vote at their Ward Caucus and the County Convention. Voting will be done using electionrunner.com.
- There will be no nominations from the floor during the convention due to the virtual nature of the convention and that the ballots for elections must be prepared in advance.
- Members elected at this convention for County Central, State Central, and Officers will serve in their elected capacities until the next Biennial Convention in 2023.
- Delegates to the State Central Committee have a responsibility to participate in all State Party Conventions and any special meetings during the next two years. Please take this into consideration when submitting your registration to the convention.
- The following are the allocations for each County Central and State Central for each Ward (Wards are defined by County Commission Districts):
- Ward 1 – 43 County Central, 5 State Central
- Ward 2 – 59 County Central, 6 State Central
- Ward 3 – 67 County Central, 7 State Central
- Ward 4 – 45 County Central, 5 State Central
- Ward 5 – 34 County Central, 3 State Central
Delegates elected to the new Central Committee are reminded that $25.00 annual dues need to be paid no later than February 25, 2021. Failure to pay annual dues will result in removal from the County Central Committee and also the State Central Committee if so elected.
I AM A REPUBLICAN BECAUSE…
I BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability, and responsibility must be honored.
I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.
I BELIEVE in free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative has brought this nation opportunity, economic growth, and prosperity.
I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
I BELIEVE the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.
I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
I BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom, and human rights throughout the world.
FINALLY, I believe the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.